Artist: Greenville Native, Don Mong
Print measures 11” x 14”
Studabaker Schoolhouse was the first brick schoolhouse in Darke County. It was built around 1840 on the Abraham Studebaker homestead. Abraham Studebaker [1785-1852] settled in the area in 1808 and was the region’s leading pioneer of what is now modern-day Darke County.
The schoolhouse was in the Bee Hive School District #14. It was abandoned in 1882 and then used as a pig pen and signboard until it was restored in 1937 by the Fort GreeneVille Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
top of page
$30.00 Regular Price
bottom of page