Artist: Greenville Native, Don Mong
Print measures 11” x 14”
Garst House was built by George Coover [1812-1857] in 1852. After Mr. Coover’s death the house was sold to John Hufnagle [1805-1889] in 1861. Hufnagle gave the house to his daughter, Miranda, and her husband, Henry Clay Garst. Garst family members lived in the home until it was presented to the state in 1946. It then was under the auspices of the Ohio Historical Society who opened it as a museum in 1947. The original Garst House and several additions has been the home of the Darke County Historical Society and the Garst Museum since 1949.