This 25” by 20” map was originally published in 1886 by C.H. Bailey & Co. Lith. & Pub., Boston. It is an aerial perspective drawing of downtown Greenville. It features 38 named churches, buildings and locations including, City Hall, the Presbyterian Church, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, the Opera House, Second National Bank, Post Office and the original location of the fairgrounds.
This reproduction was reassembled, restored and recreated from a print in poor condition that belonged to one of the museum’s benefactors. According to local history buffs the accuracy of the buildings and details is very well
top of page